Python 1d - Using Variables
Printing Variables Within Sentences
Add sentences and variable string values together using a plus symbol. Joining sentences together like this is called concatenation.
Remember to use speech marks for your printed statements but print the variable name to display the variable value.
You need to use the + symbol before and after each variable.
Practice Task 1
1. On line 1 write a variable with the name Filling and the value of a sandwich filling.
2. On line 2 print a sentence that uses the variable name Filling.
3. On line 3 change the variable Filling to equal a different filling.
4. On line 4 print the same sentence as line 2.
Printing Number Variables Within Sentences
If you want to match together strings and number values then it is easiest to use a comma as a plus will not work:
You need to use a comma before and after each variable.
Practice Task 2
1. Create a variable called bottles and give it the value 99.
2. print a sentence that uses the variable name.
3. Change the variable value to 98.
4. print the same sentence again.